Sunday 21 February 2010

Susie is in Essex, innit

It’s reading week this week, so I’m back home for a bit. Flat 12 always gets so depressing when reading week comes around. Everyone goes home - well, except for our delightful new Nigerian contingent who will right now be enjoying running like maniacs up and down our hall, using all our kitchen stuff and burning stuff to it. Yeah, they’re a delight.

Anyway, basically, everyone goes home the first second they possibly can. I don’t know if I should feel bad about not missing my home as much as they seem to be. Last term I was home almost every other weekend for one thing or another; this term I’ve not come home at all until now and it really hasn’t bothered me. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say, maybe the crux of the matter is that I’m just not very nice.


What I’ve realised from this weekend is that it will never stop being weird, leaving the flat. Even coming home for just a week, I still find it odd locking my room and not being there anymore. At the same time, I know that it will be weird when I leave home again to go back. I’m not sure I’m made for this living-in-two-places-at-once thing.


The next little while looks to be pretty good. Granted, this week is likely to be a little dull, getting work done and whatnot; but next weekend the boys are coming down to London for my birthday. As ever, I’ve missed them massively and can’t wait for us all to be back together again, doing pretty much nothing like we always do. Then my birthday falls in the middle of the week, on one of my days off (yesss mate). I will be pleasantly distracted from being depressingly old (yes, 19 is practically dead) by a flat 12 trip to the London aquarium. I count myself very lucky that I’ve found a group of people who are happy to be sad and get as excited about fish as I do. Then the following weekend concludes birthday time with a visit from a few of the CHS girls. It’s going to be a good time, I’m sure of it.


Susie is not sure she can read over that blog without falling asleep, it’s that dull.

0 comments: