Tuesday 22 July 2008

Susie is calming down

I still can’t quite believe the summer is here. This is the time that we look forward to every year, relaxation and all that jazz; but I’m so used to only having short holidays, that I keep expecting it to finish any second – I’ve never had that before. But then I don’t think I’ve ever been so overwhelmed by the thought of finishing a school year as I am this year. Looking back at the blog I wrote before going into year 12, I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone, how quickly I sank into the day-to-day of being a sixth former: frees, munch, the kitchen, non-uniform. It’s been a bloody good year, no? All those things that I was excited about in September, forming closer friendships with special people – they’ve all happened; and I really love it.

I’m going to Florida in two weeks; I think it may well be the best holiday of my life. Not only are we staying in a villa with our own pool (which has made me blissfully happy for the last 3 years around Europe), but we’re going to theme parks and shopping malls and eating way too much fast food in a country where everyone speaks our language, topped off with a ‘have a nice day’ (which I’m sure will get annoying eventually, but I can still be excited about it now, right?). Above and beyond all that is the time I’m going to get away from everything, to think and work stuff out – right now, I reckon that’s what I really need.

Susie is going to be alright, she thinks; this summer will do her the world of good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Year 12 too. I'm not so sure about Year 13, but I guess we'll have to see how that pans out.

I love having the time off, but I can't deny that going somewhere exciting adds something extra to a holiday.

Have an awesome time in Florida :)

Anonymous said...

I love year 12 three.
Schoolwise this has been a pretty cool year, i think we've all had our ups and downs out of school but with frees and no uniform, and a kitchen to live in, and munch to munch, year 12 was a pretty nice year at CCHS.
(still jealous of you going to florida) (pfft)
Love you, from Becca x